(CNN) -- It was a chilling message: two bodies with signs of torture found hanging from a pedestrian bridge in the border town of Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
Two posters left near the bodies declared that the pair -- a young man and woman -- were killed for denouncing drug cartel activity on a social network.
Bloggers who specialize in sharing news about trafficking have been threatened in the past, but this could be the first time that users of such social networks have been targeted.
The effect of such threats could be chilling, as several areas in Mexico -- including Nuevo Laredo -- have media outlets that self-censor out of fear of retribution by the cartels. In light of this censorship, blogs and social networks such as Twitter have surged as alternatives to keep citizens informed of dangers in their community.
Now the users of those networks appear to be under threat.
Even police were not commenting on the two bodies. Information about the incident came from what a reporter witnessed himself.
Tuesday morning, commuters spotted the man hanging by his hands, and the woman hanging by her hands and feet, her body in a "U" shape. CONTINUE
- BREAKING DOWN THE ENEMY PLAYBOOK: Rules for Radica...
- STRONG EVIDENCE: Illegal Obama "Propped Up" By Congress
- PROOF: Terrorists Are Entering U.S. Via Mexican Border
- OBAMA'S (ILLEGAL) TIES TO THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD
- Obama and The Rise of Radical Islam in America
- OBAMA'S COMMUNIST ROOTS
- THE BIRTHER EVIDENCE
- THE ELITISTS THAT RUN THE WORLD
- INTRODUCING GEORGE SOROS
- WHO IS JOHN GALT?
- URGENT VIDEO: Refugee Resettlement of Muslims to America – U.N. Based, Taxpayer Funded Hijra
- OBAMA STIMULUS DOLLARS FUNDED SOROS EMPIRE
- THE ESF AND ITS HISTORY: What I Have Been Afraid to Blog About (Parts 1-5)
- The Torn-Republic
- The Weeping Eagle
- THE PLAN OF SALVATION