What Does The Inspector General Know About Obama’s SS#?
Did the Inspector General Detect Fraud
1. False Identity
2. Noncitizen Not in Status
3. Multiple SSNs with Different Identities
4. Scrambled Earnings with New SSN Assigned
5. SSN Obtained Using Fraudulent Documentation
6. SSN Assignment Based on Harassment /Abuse/Life Endangerment
7. Fictitious Identity
8. Fraud-OIG Investigated
9. Fraud SSN Misuse
- Past SSN misuse causes a recent application for a home mortgage to be denied.
- The IRS questions a tax return because of unreported earnings, a result of someone using another individual’s SSN to work.
- An individual’s SSN was misused to obtain credit several years ago, but documented attempts to correct his/her credit record have been unsuccessful.
- Past SSN misuse causes an individual to be arrested whenever he/she is stopped for a traffic violation.
- An individual’s SSN was misused to obtain credit 2 years ago. The credit bureau corrected the credit report and/or added a cautionary statement to contact the victim first. The victim’s SSN has not been used subsequently, nor has the victim been denied credit.
- An individual who has been a victim of identity theft in the past, and has had fraud alerts placed on his/her credit record, has to wait while a store employee verifies his/her credit card with a bank before processing the transaction.
- A credit card holder, who has had identity theft problems in the past and opened new credit, receives a call from the credit company to verify that he/she charged a large purchase recently.”
- Complete an application for a Social Security card: Form SS-5
- Show documents proving U.S. citizenship (or immigration status and work eligibility) and identity.
- Show evidence to support his need for a new SSN.
- Take the completed application and documents to a local Social Security office. All documents must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. They cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents.
*Linda clarified the sentence after publication and added the words, “specifically tied to an employer search.” This correction was added.